Friday, March 21, 2008

Lookie! Lookie!

Look at my newest sock! :-) I know that you can't see much in this tiny picture, but the good thing is that this pattern is available for free at www.soysilk.com! :-) Just click on patterns from the top menu, then free patterns will be available as an option on your left side. :-)
This sock is a crochet sock - only the 2nd in the South West Trading sock collection, and has a really cute 4 leaf clover edging. I know it's after St. Patricks day, but I was on vacation last week and didn't have access to the computer. :-) :-) Yeah, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :-) :-)

I really was on vacation last week - went to visit friends and family in CA and had a great time. My son learned how to play miniature golf and had to play every day we were there. He was a pretty good student too - he got a hold in one in his first game. :-)

Okay, I didn't mean for this blog to be about my vacation so I'll keep ya hanging there. :-) What I did want to talk about was needing to sprout more hands! :-) I'm in desperate need for test knitters and crocheters! I actually need more crocheters than knitters, but anyone who can do both would be awesome. I've hand picked a few people close to me to help me already, but a few cannot work with wool unfortunately, or do not work with sock weight yarn. So I have a call out for at least a couple more crocheters to help me with my latest project. Anyone interested? :-)

I have about 5 projects that I've swatched up and am in the process of writing and have yarn lined up for about 15 more projects. I just don't have enough hands to get all of the projects done. :-) That's a good thing, eh? My brain is working way faster than the fingers - but then, it usually does. I hope to get some project pictures up here pretty soon before they get published so you all can take a peek. :-) Of course my photography skills are really bad so I know my pictures will not look as good as the professional ones that are used for publication. :-)

I'm looking forward to have my kids start school again next week. Having them home as been wonderful but painful at the same time. Trying to keep them occupied while I try to 'work' has been a challenge... but they're just so gosh darn cute I can't help enjoy being with them. I it will be nice to get something done. :-)

Okay... I'm going to stop my incoherent babbling and try to get something done.

Pinka

No comments: