Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I haven't been forgetting

My fingers have been busy with more ideas - working with some wool/soysilk stuff called Karaoke. This is the first time that I've been truly able to work with wool and not break out in hives or get such an itchy nose that it turns red. :-) I've also been busy with other designs and got some pictures!


This is my purse and hat set. It's crochet and called Arizona colors. It's made out of an awesome bulky yarn from SWTC called Gianna. I really enjoyed working with this yarn. It's really soft because of the soysilk and because it's bulky, this set can be made in only a few hours. :-) The bummer about this set is that it takes 3 different color balls of Gianna to complete. I know that this would be a really enjoyable pattern for crocheters if the majority were not so darn cheap to buy the yarn. Like any SWTC patterns, they are free when you purchase the yarn from your local yarn shop. But there are so few crocheters that are willing to pay the price that a high quality yarn like Gianna costs. I personally know that a lot of my personal friends would gladly pay the price for the yarn to get the free pattern, but there are far a few crocheters that would do that.




Oh, this was such a fun pattern to design! I absolutely love the yarn - called Love from SWTC's Vicky Howell collection. Also in crochet, this purse is made in two stages - you crochet the base in the white color - which is what you see peaking through, then you make and attach the peach color. The flowers are then made and sewn on separately. Even an avid knitter with some limited crochet experience should be able to make this! The cool part about Love is that I have noticed that it has almost the exact same drape in crochet than in knitting. Of course knitting will always be superior for drape, crochet, in my humble opinion, will never match the drapy drape that knitting provides. But on the other hand, this purse has that wonderful drape with the sturdiness that makes crochet so awesome for little bags like this. :-)

This pattern actually hurt my eyes after a while! :-) :-) The zebra pattern, when turned at a certain angle, can really play with your eyes. :-) I'm sure it would not do that if the two colors were a bit closer, but I just love the two contrasting colors together in this pattern. This pattern is also crochet - but a crocheter will never be able to get the same awesome fabric in any other yarn. This yarn is called Pure - 100% soysilk that is the most cuddly soft yarn that I've played with in a while. I know I say this about a lot of SWTC's yarns, but this has got to be my absolute favorite because unlike the other yarns, this just gives me such a cuddly warm feeling when I work with it... it takes me to that meditative state much faster than the other yarns. :-)
Well, I really need to get some other work completed here, so I'll have to save the other pictures for later. :-)
Take care!
Pinka

No comments: