Friday, March 30, 2007

I can't see!

Oh my! I've been working on a little beaded purse design in black yarn and gold beads. It looks awesome (if I don't say so myself :-) but oh my! My eyes are so strained that it's hard to continue. I've been trying to do most of the work in the day light, so that hasen't been too bad, but as soon as the sun passes to the other side of the house, I'm stuck squinting and guessing. :-) I actually can't wait to take it to the company that I'm designing it for to see if they like it. I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that they not only like it, but they won't ask me to make it again because of the mistakes that I made in this one. I mean, the mistakes aren't totally obvious, but to a trained eye they may.

Last night I went to a book signing at Tempe Yarn and Fiber for the new book by Jonelle Raffino called Purls Forever. I finished reading the book and I loved it! It's not like any other knitting and crochet pattern book - this book has all kinds of really cool stories on how knitting and crochet bonded so many generations of women. Jonelle talks about her great grandmother, her grandmother, her mother, herself and how all of their knitting and crochet has also influenced her own daughters. :-) How cool is that to have such a fun tradition passed down so many times. Since I did not grow up with any grandparents close by (they all live in Central America), I love to read about that special bond between grandparent and grandchild - especially when they are fiber freaks like myself. :-) :-)

Okay, my eye can't handle the computer for much longer so I better shut up now. :-)

Take care

No comments: