Monday, December 29, 2008

Javanese Necklace


Meet my little friend - he's from Indonesia. More specifically, he's a handcrafted Javanese glass face pendant/bead made in Java, Indonesia. I made a necklace of him and a whole bunch of his little buddies for my Etsy shop. :-) You can find him here:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19097656

There are some other views of him, but he's a bit difficult to take photograph. Because he's made of glass, I have to be really careful with the flash because the little bit of shine he has tends to give off a glare. I've also learned that it's really hard to photograph red! It could be because I'm not a very good photographer or I can use a new camera (or both) but it's taken me longer to photograph this little dude than it did for all of my bead crochet bracelets. :-) Well, once I start getting some cash flow I may have to invest into better photography equipment so I don't have to spend so much time on it. :-)

Please take a look at my etsy shop! I've updated a bunch of bracelets to show international shipping (now to Canada and the UK) and updated a lot of pictures. I've kept most of the older pictures because they show a little bit of detail that is lost in the newer ones... but you can definitely see the improvement! At least I see it.... :-) :-) But I know that there is way more that I can do to make them better. :-)

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year and best wishes for 2009. :-)

Take care,
Pinka

No comments: