Thursday, January 22, 2009

Free Form Crochet/Knitting

I am so tired! I'm actually really *really* tempted to do this tomorrow but I know that if I put it off that it will never get done. :-)

I just came home from spending two days at a free form workshop with Prudence Mapstone. :-) :-) Oh my gosh, it was so much fun! I've known Prudence for a few years and have been playing with freeform for as long as I've known her, but to see the familiar garments and any new garments that she's created is just the neatest thing ever. I get so much inspiration and a new energy from each piece. Plus the other ladies in the class and I all have the same excitement - you can feel it in the air... a bit of nervous energy at first, then you get to know the ladies sitting near you... then you start walking around getting new ideas and letting those creative juices going. Your hands no longer work as fast as your brain comes up with ideas! Then you find out that the 2 or three ladies next to you are feeling the same... then as you get up to stretch your legs, you find out that the rest of the class is the same way!

Prudence will continue her classes tomorrow and on Saturday but I need to get things ready for my son's birthday party on Saturday... so I could only do the two days. I did have a great time though and it was so much fun seeing Prudence again and meeting new friends. :-)

Okay, so what am I going to do with my new found creative energy of freeform? Probably what I do every other time. I scrumble my heart out to add to my the growing stack of scrumbles that I've made in the past. I really don't know why I can't finish something in freeform... I just have so much fun making the smaller pieces and just can't see how I'm going to put it all together. I also am not sure what I want to make with all of my pieces either... a shawl? jacket? purse? Oh! I don't know. There may be enough to make all of them... I just somehow have to get over this no-finish syndrome I guess. :-) :-)

Okay, I want to give a quick update on the free bracelet contest before I forget. I have 9 entries so far but no sales. I've been working on updating a few of my pictures in my shops so I hope this will make the bracelets look a little more appealing. :-) :-) So let's just keep getting the word out and hopefully I'll be giving away a free bracelet soon! :-) :-)

Take care,
Pinka

No comments: