Saturday, January 10, 2009

To learn or to create?

I have no idea if anyone else has had this problem, but I'd love to hear from you if you do... I've been getting so little sleep lately that I'm tired even in my dreams! I had a dream last night where all I wanted to do was stay in bed and sleep. So I woke up exhausted. But as soon as I heard my 4 year old moving around in his bed through the monitor, I knew that I'd have him cuddling with me for a few minutes before getting up. :-) :-) That's my favorite time of day and I want to make sure I'm awake for that. :-) :-)

So I've been working on so much lately... so much but then so little too! I've been working on trying to get my bead crochet bracelets 'out there' by trying to network like crazy. I've been learning about Twitter, posting on places like Etsy and Artfire, I've been adding listings to new shops like Buy It Sell It and Silkfair. I've been reading a lot too... learning about Google Analytics and even set my Artfire shop up. But I have no idea how I did it because I haven't been able to do that with Etsy or Silkfair - and I know that both have it available. I set up my Google account to use Google check out though I'm not sure if I did it correctly, but it's a good thing that I'm in the habit of checking everything at least once a day just in case I actually do make a sale. :-)

So with all of that I've been ignoring my bead crochet. I don't mean to because I have so many ideas going on in my head that I can't get my hands to move fast enough to get them all started. It's a good thing that I keep a sketch book on hand at all times or else I'd forget before they can be created. :-) :-) The past couple days have been especially hard because I've been itching so badly to create that I've been trading sleep for creating time. I'm please with my few crazy ideas and have even altered my original ideas for new ones. :-) The lack of sleep though does play around with my eyes so when I look at my piece again when I'm a little more awake, I can see that my color choices were not the best. :-) :-) But that is easy to fix with the next one - I just want to make that first sample. :-) :-)

Okay, I'm done here for now. I have another idea going around my head but I need to make lunch for the 4 year old first. Then maybe read a comic book or two to relax. :-) :-) My son has been going nuts over the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoons - and now we're reading the comics. They're not as fun as Captain Underpants, but they're still fun. :-)

Take care,
Pinka

No comments: